WE TAKE PRIDE IN OUR PRODUCT. LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR CUSTOM E-LIQUID.
Each and every Monster Vape E-Liquid flavor (44 total as of October 1, 2015) was tested and proven to be well below the industry standards in Butanedione PPM (Parts Per Million) and Pentanedione PPM. Each flavor has a testing results box which is depicted below.
This box indicates the breakdown of PPM for both Butanedione and Pentanedione. The results are clear… Monster Vape produces high quality e-liquid and we are proud to share the findings.
To better understand our results, we wanted to give our customers an idea of what exactly was tested and why those items were tested. Click HERE (PDF) to go directly to the full results.
Diacetyl is a by-product of fermentation and is commonly found in butter flavorings. It became controversial when a group of workers at a popcorn factory developed a lung condition call Brochialitis Obliterans, coining the term “popcorn lung”. They found high levels of Diacetyl in the air and correlated the disease with that chemical. Acetyl Propionyl has been used as a substitute for Diacetyl but is thought to cause similar problems.
Diacetyl and Acetyl Propionyl are on the GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe) list for use in food flavorings according to the FDA.
The Monster Vape E-Liquid Laboratory has always done extensive research on the flavorings used in Monster Vape E-Liquid and tried to avoid these chemicals as much possible. Unfortunately, flavoring companies are not under any obligation to be transparent and often will not give testing results, which was one of the major reasons we wanted to get all of our liquid tested at an independent laboratory for these two chemicals.
We at Monster Vape are dedicated to transparency and had all of our E-liquid tested for Diacetyl and Acetyl Propionyl in order for our customers to make an informed decision on the product they are buying and supporting.
A breakdown of our testing results:
• Butanedione = Diacetyl
• Pentanedione = Acetyl Propionyl
• PPM = Parts Per Million or mg/L (to give a visual, 1 part per million is like putting 4 drops of ink in a 55 gallon drum of water or 1 inch in 16 miles)
All of the E-liquid tested was steeped at least one month or longer to give a better representation of what a customer would be purchasing from our stores to vape.
The testing was performed by an independent lab called Ceutical Laboratories (Ceutical). Ceutical is an analytical testing laboratory that performs testing and aids in regulatory compliance for the Pharmaceutical Industry and Medical Devices, as well as other industries.
Ceutical Labs is a registered FDA, DEA, and Health Canada Laboratory. They remain voluntarily compliant with all three government agencies.
The type of testing that was performed was Gas Chromography, which is widely used in testing for these specific chemicals.
The Limit of Detection from Ceutical was 5 PPM. Anything under 5 PPM is considered undetectable.
The FDA, nor OSHA, has not set any safe exposure limits for Diacetyl or Acetyl Propionyl and permit its use in trace quantities in food flavoring. Scientific research is not conclusive at this time whether there are safe limits for inhalation of these chemicals (though it has been found in larger quantities in tobacco cigarettes which has not been indicated in or linked to Bronchialitis Obliterans/ “Popcorn Lung”).
The following are testing guidelines set by the Canadian Electronic Cigarette Trade Association (who work closely with The American E-Liquid Manufacturing Standard Association):
• 100 PPM is considered high
> Sales are required to be discontinued
> The product must be reformulated for both chemicals
• Anything above 22 PPM on Diacetyl (Butanedione) must be disclosed
• Anything above 45 PPM on Acetyl Propionyl (Pentanedione) must be disclosed
• There are four ingredients used to make Monster Vape E-Liquid:
• United States Pharmacopeia (USP) Nicotine
• USP Propylene Glycol
• USP Vegetable Glycerin (VG) and Flavorings (natural)
• USP Vegetable Glycerin and Flavorings (artificial)
• The Propylene Glycol and Vegetable Glycerin used in Monster Vape E-Liquid are USP Grade. Under the USP standard, VG is tested to be 99.7% pure and PG is 99.5% pure. This is the highest purity that is available.
• We test each and every batch of our E-liquid for nicotine content and flavor accuracy. We track every ingredient that goes into Monster Vape E-Liquid with our batch records system and that batch number is printed on every label.
• Monster Vape does not use any artificial sweeteners or additives such as caffeine in our E-liquid.
• We mix and bottle all of our E-liquid in a dedicated laboratory that follows the most stringent of cleaning protocols and standards. Quality control is our number one focus at The Monster Vape E-Liquid Lab and the product is not shelved until it goes through several rounds of quality control procedures.
• Our Vegetable Glycerin is sourced from Indonesia and is made from Non-GMO Palm oil. It undergoes strict purification methods to meet USP standards.
• The raw material for our Propylene Glycol is sourced from The Shell Company as all PG (except bio-based PG) is a by-product of the petroleum industry and goes through stringent purification measures to meet USP standards.
• The Nicotine that is used for our Monster Vape Original (MVO) line is USP grade Nicotine called Nic-Select and is manufactured by Alchem International in India. Nic-Select meets the highest quality of USP standards and is manufactured in a laboratory that is US and EU GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) certified.
• The Nicotine used in our Monster Vape Elite (MVE) and Monster Vape Legends (MVL) lines of E-liquid is purchased from USA Liquid Nicotine and is USP grade nicotine. Like the name suggests, USA Liquid Nicotine is grown, extracted, and processed in the USA and the tobacco leaves are from Kentucky. It also meets to the highest quality of USP standards.
PEANUT ALLERGY WARNING: Some of the concentrated flavorings we use in our mixtures are manufactured at a facility that uses peanuts, and may contain trace amounts. The Monster Vape E-liquid flavors that may contain trace amounts include: Axios, Aurum, Bradus, Boreas, Pirate’s Booty (“Premium” and “Original” variations), Son of a Beach (“Premium” and “Original” variations), Blonde Betty, Black Clove, Blueberry Crush, Blueberry Muffin, Caramel Ribbon, Iced Peach Tea, ‘Merica, Pina Colada and Sugar Pear.